[TYPO3-dev] installtool and localconf.php

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 27 20:24:07 CEST 2007

> that's totally new for me and now i'm really irretated: good style if
> omitted? I see the newline/whitespace problem, but if end tag is generated
> from code iut should be no problem.

Hi Steffen,

I think that the whitespace problem is the reason for the Drupal coding
guidelines. However a small trick could solve all this whitespace problems.
It may be useful for the core, if it is not already applied.

After all files have been included and immidiatly before the output of
headers and contents starts, you simply can clean the output buffer.

The actual commands needed are a little cryptic -- something with headers
and with ob_get_... or simlilar,  but it rescued me already 2 times from
headaches. Using it in extensions it was possible to solve problems without
touching the installed core of the customer at all.

Regards

Elmar