[TYPO3-dev] installtool and localconf.php

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sat Oct 27 18:39:08 CEST 2007

"Sebastian Böttger" <sebastian.boettger at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.3712.1193498345.20721.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Dmitry
>
> in fact it's good coding style to omit it :-)
> It prevents unwanted whitespace at the end of files which can cause e.g.
> "header already sent" errors.
>
> Regards
> Sebastian Böttger

that's totally new for me and now i'm really irretated: good style if
omitted? I see the newline/whitespace problem, but if end tag is generated
from code iut should be no problem.

I looked to t3lib_install and there is
$writeToLocalconf_dat['endLine'] = array_pop($lines); // Getting "? >"
ending.

so if there is a whitespace or a new line after it won't write the end tag.
May be the routine should check if last lines are empty and search for the
real last line ?

vg  Steffen