[TYPO3-dev] typolink generation high parsetime

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Oct 25 15:45:06 CEST 2007

>> we did experience the same for a project.
>> A lot of time indeed goes into link generation and
>> we have decided in the end to make a link cache
>> in our application before we request a link from typo3.
>
> Can you share how?

No sorry, I don't work at that company anymore.
But the general idea was that we had a link cache for all generated
links
we would lookup first prior to let typo3 generate the link.
Each link did had a timeout etc...

This was specially importand because many search engines could crawl
our site and we had seen at list on one occasion that google did
bring our site down after we cleared the cache!!!

We could do this because links didn't change to often, and just like you
we used USER_INT objects a lot because the site was dynamic.

Ries