[TYPO3-dev] RFC: Introducing a "User Tools" main module

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Oct 19 16:38:13 CEST 2007

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> But is not, the workspace submodule appears here. Probably because of
>> that exact limitation.
>
> True.
>
>> I think we need only to rename it. How many really user related
>> submodules are there?
>
> You've got a point here. I thought it was important to keep this
> distinction, but maybe not.

Maybe it is, but I ususally work as admin and so I don't like yet another
module taking up precious space in the module frame.

Or we can drop the admin-only feature for "Tools". IIRC the docs says only
this is a cheap way of "access control". I think it is already possible to
make a sub-module admin-only. So why do we need any extra magic?

Masi