[TYPO3-dev] Fields in the TCA that does not exist in the DB

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Oct 17 16:25:52 CEST 2007

Hey Mads,
>   Therefore I'm creating the field dynamically using a hook in the
> t3lib_tceform class. This works to a certain degree - unfortunately
> the  tcemain checks the existing value of the field (found no hook in
> tcemain  to circumvent that) which causes a nasty SQL-select error to
> occur  whenever I save the BE-form.

There are some hooks in tcemain that will let you unset your
non-database field before its actually saved.  Something like the
processDatamap_postProcessFieldArray hook is probably what you want,
since that runs just before the database call and gives you an array
of all the fields on the form.

Hope that helps....and looking forward to your seeing your category
work :)

THanks,
Jeff