[TYPO3-dev] debug TYPO3 with Eclipse PDT

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Oct 17 14:18:23 CEST 2007

Hi Joerg,

"Joerg Schoppet" <joerg at schoppet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1192622893.1446.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>
> actually I have eclipse 3.3 (Europa) running with PDT 1.0 under windows
> XP.
>
> I have a remote server with fedora, where the TYPO3 is installed.
>
> To have easy access to the system a samba-share is provided for the
> htdocs-directory (mapped to drive Z).
>
> In eclipse, I've set my workspace to Z:\htdocs\typo3conf\ext, so I can
> create a project for each extension.
>
> For debugging I've installed the Zend Debugger on the webserver. *BUT* I
> can only start debugging from the main index.php site. All other
> breakpoints (e.g. within an extension) are ignored.
>
> Can somebody point me to the right direction, how to debug a
> typo3-extension within eclipse?

i started a thread with exact the same issue some months ago. I was not able
to debug with Zend. When i debugged from index.php, the zend debugger run
into Nirvana.

The problem may be also the lot of warnings when doing so.

Ingo mentioned last time, that best would be to debug with Xdebug, but i
havn't tried yet. it would be nice to gather some tips and expierience to
this issue, as i also like to do a real time debug.

vg  Steffen