[TYPO3-dev] mysql/mysqli and prepared statements

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Oct 7 05:15:18 CEST 2007

Hey Martin,

I have reading somewhere that when using
MySQL with prepared statements that the query cache
get's by-passed.

For is this will result in lower performance since
TYPO3 can benefit quite a bit from this.

If this is true, then I am not sure if prepared statements is
the right way to go on MySQL to increase performance.

Note: since we use the unix timestamp the MySQL
query cache for SQL's we execute is valid for one
second anyways. Wasn't there a patch underway for this?

Just my 2 cents for now....

Ries