[TYPO3-dev] mysql/mysqli and prepared statements

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Oct 7 00:18:36 CEST 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1191704853.11070.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Shall TYPO3 provide means to use the mysqli-driver and get support for
> prepared statements? I say yes. There are places in the Core where the
> "same" statement is called within a loop.
>
> Easiest way: make a "mysqli" sysext which gets installed automatically if
> the installer finds mysqli is loaded.
>
> ALternative way: make t3lib_div::makeInstance factory aware. That means it
> should see if the class in question has a factory method and call that.
> Add a factory to trlib_db that returns an instance of t3lib_db_mysqli if
> the PHP extension is loaded.
>
> Masi

Hi Masi,

very good idea!
This could also be part of the *new* t3lib_db as wrapper class.
Having something like a ,apping option you could provide a t3lib_mysql or
t3lib_mysqli,
ries could add his t3lib_postgres, an t3lib_oracle a.s.o.

It would open a new way of flexibility for native db interfaces.

vg  Steffen