[TYPO3-dev] Raising Mysql requirements to 4.1?

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Oct 1 10:23:54 CEST 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1191226542.27232.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Now that TYPO3 4.2 will require PHP 5.1 it's time to think also about
> Mysql requirements. Maybe TYPO3 will run on 3.23, but it's not
> recommended, so I guess the true requirement is probably Mysql 4.0. But
> only 4.1 offers true UTF-8 support and it would be nice if TYP3 could
> start to rely on that fact. I think we could also require 5.0, but what
> does theis mean to currrent installations? What is shipped with current
> distros?
>
> Masi

good idea - with php5 there is also mysql >=5 (geentoo, suse)
so good idea.
But what is main point with version 5? the most important step was 4.1 which
brought the collations.
Subqueries/stored procedures are also important extensions, but atm there is
no use of it.

Maybe with making the "native support" as discussed in PG thread there could
be done some additional functions supporting
fulltext / replace / insert on duplicate key update etc.

vg  Steffen