[TYPO3-dev] Make selecting records via AJAX possible (like Google Suggest)

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Thu Nov 22 08:51:34 CET 2007

Hi Andreas,

> I guess you all know things like Google Suggest or the autocompleter
> text fields of script.aculo.us. My idea is to integrate something these
> into TCEforms, so it is easier to select records that are
> wide-spread over the pagetree.

oh this sounds just great!!

> But what I have is a screenshot [1], just to make you hungry for more ;)

I need more! ;)

>  * implementation of individual functions for selecting and rendering
>    records is possible

so i can set that not only the title but also other fields of a record
are searchable?

>  * you may restrict selection to certain pages/folders and to a certain
>    depth
>  * configuration on a per-table base, i.e. you can configure e.g.
>    different pids for different tables

I can also set the pid restriction on a certain page, so e.g. on Page A
the search just looks for records on Pages b-f and on Page G for records
on pages h-k?

> So, I really appreciate your feedback - do you think TYPO3 would be
> better with this feature? What would you like to have implemented?

nice features:
* should be possible to change the style, so e.g no icons
* min chars, time for lookup
* respect max limit

Georg