[TYPO3-dev] De-admin the "Tools" module

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Nov 15 14:17:53 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> in my eyes it's easy and obvious to use tools-menu and de-admin. Each mod
> can configured if admin-only or not, so i don't really understand the vetos.

The whole idea of the Tools module was that it is available for admin only. Anything, that ordinary user can see, should go User module. I do not see why Tools should be used instead of User.

When I started with TYPO3, I was surprised about this as well but then found that it fits good. You got admin-only tools in Tools and everything else under User. It is similar to /sbin and /bin on *nix systems. Quite logical separation.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/