[TYPO3-dev] RFC: a new page type "internal page" / "page container"

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Tue Nov 6 17:28:46 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker .
>> Same problem exists with doktype shortcut.

No - shortcut doesn't have corresponding problem! The field, which
relate with the shortcut functionality works *only* with the doktype
shortcut.

> Same problem with ALL TCA tables
> that have types. Changing the type never empties fields.
>
> The question is if the code should check fields AND types.

Yes if we compare this with 'shortcut', when shortcut icon relates with
doktype and the functionality work only with certain doktype. If the
field, which relates with getting content from another page is *not*
visible, then the functionality should disable too.
Then normal pages, not in menu pages should not use content from another
page even if the field is not empty. Imo Typo3 works buggy, when it
doesn't disable the functionality from normal pages.
The functionality should work with mount pages, possible new doktype and
for such special doktypes, which really need it and which are defined by
  a plugin, like tcdirectmail.