[TYPO3-dev] RFC: a new page type "internal page" / "page container"

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Nov 6 17:21:54 CET 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1194365555.27796.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>
>> Tapio mentioned that container field is used in other doktypes too, e.g.
>> mount pages.
>
> Really? Why would I use on a mount page a "show records from another page"
> setting????

i think i misunderstood.
the field is visible in mount pages.
the field is used in special doktypes, e.g. directmail

>> Next problem Franz mentioned - if you switch doktype, the value of the
>> field is leaved unchanged.
>> Example: filled containerfield will cause that these records are shown.
>> if switched to "normal" you don't know why you don't see the infos you
>> filled.
>> Same problem exists with doktype shortcut.
>
> Same problem with ALL TCA tables
> that have types. Changing the type never empties fields.
>
> The question is if the code should check fields AND types.
>
> Masi

good question. e.g. having filled shortcut you never see that if switched to
other doktypes.
Maybe a warning should be displayed, e.g.:
Page has shortcut value     [clear value]
Content is used from page xxx  [clear value]

vg  Steffen