[TYPO3-dev] Reason for tables restriction of the CONTENT object

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu May 24 09:48:18 CEST 2007

Patrick Rodacker wrote: on 23.05.2007 21:33:

>>> in one of my projects I needed the CONTENT element to use the table
>>> 'pages_language_overlay' (...)
>> Maybe you could explain why you need such a strange thing. Internally
>> CONTENT object already will use pages_language_overlay exactly to be
>> able to handle internationalization the "pages" table the "TYPO3" way.
>> If you are accessing this "internal-use" table directly, you are
>> overrunning what TYPO3 already does by itself, and I can't figure a
>> reason to do so. Or is there any?
>
> Maybe not ... I am not so sure anymore ;-)
>
> I was searching for an easy way to check if a page has an related entry
> in the pages_language_overlay table in another language than the default
> one (sys_language_uid!=0). A TypoScript object should be only displayed
> if a page has such relating entry in the table.

Maybe you could simply use numRows (stdWrap function) in your ".if" and
have it do the "select" you need for this. I think this is not
restricted to table names anymore, because this won't render anything,
just output the number of rows that matches, which seems to be what you
need here. Check it out in TSref and maybe someone on the list can help
you with that TS, if you can't figure it out.

Cheers,
Ernesto