[TYPO3-dev] Reason for tables restriction of the CONTENT object

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed May 23 20:43:51 CEST 2007

Patrick Rodacker wrote: on 22.05.2007 20:29:

> in one of my projects I needed the CONTENT element to use the table
> 'pages_language_overlay' (...)

Maybe you could explain why you need such a strange thing. Internally
CONTENT object already will use pages_language_overlay exactly to be
able to handle internationalization the "pages" table the "TYPO3" way.
If you are accessing this "internal-use" table directly, you are
overrunning what TYPO3 already does by itself, and I can't figure a
reason to do so. Or is there any?

Cheers,
Ernesto