[TYPO3-dev] FORM element

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 21 22:59:52 CEST 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007 17:04:28 +0200, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3-dev] FORM element":

> Steffen Kamper wrote: on 19.05.2007 00:27:
>
> > first of all i'm glad to hear from you as a core developer. I know many user
> > are wish a better module for the daily work, but without support from core
> > team it's difficult.
>
> I felt exactly the oposite way: We had some pretty hard work to get very
> near to the success in enhancing that part, but we had a total lack of
> support from users needing that functionalty when the problems arose and
> I had no time to work on that anymore. I remember calling for "help"
> several times in the mailing lists to see if someone wanted to finish
> the work, but noone seemed interested.
>
> So if you are interested and have some meaningful ideas in form of a
> patch or change request, I am sure we will gladly review it in the core.

two fields with IP and time (coded) of form-request to avoid automated
input (SPAM).

on submitting the form these values can be handled as follows:
test on identical IP and minimum delay (configurable)

the action resulting from the form (normaly a mail or database insert) will
be proceeded only if
a) the IP from form-request and form-send were identical
b) the delay is between a minimum (e.g. 20 sec) and a maximum (e.g. 30 min)

RFC

Bernd