[TYPO3-dev] Optional alias check

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed May 16 17:28:26 CEST 2007

Tapio Markula schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker kirjoitti:
>> Tapio Markula schrieb:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to add optional alias check,
>>> which could allow to use for different domains
>>> the same alias time.
>>>
>>> I know that it is very time consuming to make this
>>> kind of check - that's why I proposed to add that
>>> as optional features.
>>
>> I guess it'll be hard to do it for domains, but I think it could be
>> done easily for subtrees, if the page table supported the suggested
>> nested set data structure.
>>
>> With a nested set you can get all pages of a tree with one query. Add
>> the clause for the alias and you are done.
>
> Where the alias has been handled - in fact I could make raw hack
> to disable alias check in order to use several times to same alias.

You mean disabling the unique check in TCAmain for the BE forms? Yes you
could do that. But still you would need a way to retrieve the correct alias
for your domain. To do this you have to find the root page of the domain
and find if a page with that alias is within that tree. Again the nested
set woul come in handy, but of course it can be done without it (with a
horrible performance).

Masi