[TYPO3-dev] modify $TCA config array temporarily

Thomas Mammitzsch typo at pure.kicks-ass.net
Wed May 9 11:32:28 CEST 2007

Tapio Markula wrote:
> Thomas Mammitzsch

>>> create a new content type - for example th_specialements defines own
>>> field set
>> new content type? maybe you can write an example?
>
> look ext_tables.php of th_specialelements.
> If you define own content type, you can set fields, how you want.
> In fact if you need replacement for text or text with images,
> alter ext_tables of th_specialelements.
>
> Endeed you should alter the XCLASS.
> I made into an evaluation version tm_contentaccessa, which use hook
> instead and that it fully compatible with newest versions of Typo3.
ok, but i don't understand completely how this works.
i copied $TCA['tt_content] to $TCA['tt_content']['mynewcontentelement']
but i don't know how to get TCEForms to use this set instead of
$TCA['tt_content']. I don't have/want this select field to change
layouts, because i only have one. What must be done to use
$TCA['tt_content']['mynewcontentelement'] as standard when selecting
"mynewcontentelement" as CType?

regards, Thomas