[TYPO3-dev] modify $TCA config array temporarily

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Mon May 7 19:26:13 CEST 2007

Thomas Mammitzsch

>>> want my changes only for my new content element. is there a way to
>>> modify $TCA only temporarily, e.g. if the current CType is
>>> "mynewcontentelement"?
>> create a new content type - for example th_specialements defines own
>> field set
> new content type? maybe you can write an example?

look ext_tables.php of th_specialelements.
If you define own content type, you can set fields, how you want.
In fact if you need replacement for text or text with images,
alter ext_tables of th_specialelements.

Endeed you should alter the XCLASS.
I made into an evaluation version tm_contentaccessa, which use hook
instead and that it fully compatible with newest versions of Typo3.