[TYPO3-dev] relaease plans for typoe 4.2?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue May 8 10:17:42 CEST 2007

John Angel schrieb:
> I still haven't heard ONE explanation why is this simpler:
>
> object.stdWrap.if {
>  value.data = some_value
>  isLessThan = 1
>  isGreaterThan = 10
> }
>
> than this:
>
> if($some_value>1 || $some_value<10) { $object->render=true; }

PLEASE, I have told you now twice that the if syntax WILL change in TS 2.0
(maybe in 1.x if we can backport it). And if you want to program your page
then use PHP.

On T3DD07 something like this has been suggested:

object.property.if = {$val1} > 1 or {$val2} < 10

The above example uses the TS constant notation for variables. The extact
notation doesn't matter, but the I think you can get the idea.

Now we have a readable expression nicely emebedded in TS.

Masi