[TYPO3-dev] BE: Only one field visible when making translation of an item

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 7 16:41:18 CEST 2007

Hi!

Brian Bendtsen wrote:
>> Ok, so far I have found out that I can use the "displayCond" =>
>> "FIELD:sys_language_uid:=:0" to hide a field if the language is not
>> the default one.
>>
>> Is this the only solution?
>>
>> I cant do something like what I described in my original post?
>>
>> /BB
> Another problem I just discovered, when making a tranlation of a record
> it dublicates all records in a foreign table. How do I disable this?

You are trying invent your own wheel instead of using existing. I can
help only if you do as typo3 recommends to do (I gave pointers to
recommended behavior). displayCond and disabling copying of record is
your own way, not typo3 way of localizing things.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs