[TYPO3-dev] file resources in translated records

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Mon May 7 14:51:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

in the process of translating records in BE, records are copied to the
translation record. If there are file resources in the record, these files
are copied too with new filename and new filereference.
This is in my eyes unneccessary. e.g. with my gallery extension
(sk_simplegallery) the pics are records. In case of having hundreds of
records with pics that may have more than 1MB disk space is explosing with
every translation.

May it make sense to seperate language-relvant data from the rest ? (strings
and textfields only). May be it is a more complex approach, but it would
make sense and produces less data.

vg  Steffen