[TYPO3-dev] BE: Only one field visible when making translation of an item

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 7 14:14:17 CEST 2007

Hi!

Brian Bendtsen wrote:
> In my extension I have an item created by users with a lot of fields.
> Its possible to make a translation of the item but only one field will
> need actual translation.
>
> Is there a way to only display this field when they are making the
> translation?
>
> Im guessing it is possible in the tca.php, by adding another key to the
> types array but how do I define that it shall use the new one when the
> other language is selected?
>
> So it will be something like this:
>
> Default language is selected -> show all fields
> Danish language is selected -> show description field

Firsts, you need to define language overlay for your table. It should
have all standard fields (like uid, pid, etc), fields described in [1]
and also fields to be translated. Then you should configured TCA for
your translatable fields in main table as described in [2].

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_l10nguide/1.0.0/view/1/4/#id2723289
[2]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.1.0/view/4/2/#id3613137,