[TYPO3-dev] BE: Only one field visible when making translation of an item

Brian Bendtsen nightowl at galnet.dk
Mon May 7 14:06:36 CEST 2007

Hi

In my extension I have an item created by users with a lot of fields.
Its possible to make a translation of the item but only one field will
need actual translation.

Is there a way to only display this field when they are making the
translation?

Im guessing it is possible in the tca.php, by adding another key to the
types array but how do I define that it shall use the new one when the
other language is selected?

So it will be something like this:

Default language is selected -> show all fields
Danish language is selected -> show description field

/Brian Bendtsen