[TYPO3-dev] Bidirectional Relations between same table

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Fri Mar 30 15:48:07 CEST 2007

Hi André,

André S. wrote:
> I am currently implementing bidirectional MM relations between different
> tables the way it´s realized in the mmftest extension. This just works fine.
> But there´s still one problem I wasn’t able to solve yet.
>
> I want to create a bidirectional relationship between records of the same
> type/table. Is that possible?
>
> I’ve got a table named ‘services´ for instance. Within this table there
> should be a field where I can select related services (same data type). And
> this relationship should be view- an editable from both sides.
>
> Can Typo 3 handle this?

TYPO3 4.1 integrates a new feature called IRRE. Did you already work
with it? IRRE supports 1:n and m:n relationships and is also capable of
handling bidirectional symmetric relations.

You can download the irre_tutorial from the Extension Repository.
The disposal is described in chapter 3.3.2. on page 28 at
http://typo3.org/uploads/media/Inline_Relational_Record_Editing.pdf

Probably that's it what you're looking for?

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/