[TYPO3-dev] CSS-problems with the new page/file tree

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Wed Mar 28 13:35:21 CEST 2007

Benjamin Mack kirjoitti:
> Hey Tapio,
>
> first of all: If you found bugs in TYPO3, please use the
> Bugtracker. The URL is http://bugs.typo3.org.
>
> But I'm gonna comment the things you mention anyway since I think that
> they are not "bugs" in the common sense.
>
> I figure you are complaining using your skin with the new TYPO3 version.
>
> 1) .navFrameHL - we use the "active"-class now and it works fine with
> both the standard skin and the t3skin. If you don't know how to use it
> properly, have a look at their implementations.
> They all work with IE6+,Konqueror (= Safari), Firefox 2

Well firefox shows in source code both navFrameHL and active as
alternative classes.

<li class="navFrameHL"

or
<li class="active"

That is really problematic, if skin should support
both 4.1 and older versions.

And in some circumstances two highligh or hight for page, which was
*not* open on the right frame.
The result was confusing.

Maybe two different classes relates with my extensions. It is really
difficult to get skin working with different versions of Typo3.

> 2.) I don't think wrong CSS justifies adding wrapper just for
> highlighting purposes because it is redundant, non-semantic and then
> we're back to the same-old-same-old massive pagetree. I'd just going in
> the other direction: using clever CSS to remove unnecessary HTML.

but if you want just get one item highlighted nicely - I would like
to change the behavior here