[TYPO3-dev] CSS-problems with the new page/file tree

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Wed Mar 28 13:16:40 CEST 2007

Hey Tapio,

first of all: If you found bugs in TYPO3, please use the
Bugtracker. The URL is http://bugs.typo3.org.

But I'm gonna comment the things you mention anyway since I think that
they are not "bugs" in the common sense.

I figure you are complaining using your skin with the new TYPO3 version.

1) .navFrameHL - we use the "active"-class now and it works fine with
both the standard skin and the t3skin. If you don't know how to use it
properly, have a look at their implementations.
They all work with IE6+,Konqueror (= Safari), Firefox 2

2.) I don't think wrong CSS justifies adding wrapper just for
highlighting purposes because it is redundant, non-semantic and then
we're back to the same-old-same-old massive pagetree. I'd just going in
the other direction: using clever CSS to remove unnecessary HTML.

3.) I don't think so. I thought about that problem before the 4.1
release and fixed it before the release. I just tried it in a 4.1
environment with the t3skin. Again, I think the problem is that the
class is now called "active" instead of "navFrameHL".

4.) see 1) and 3).

Tapio Markula wrote:
> In overall the new navigation tree has really ackward CSS problems.
We could stick to the previous one again -- using blind tables with
images which increases the HTML size that is shown by 4 to 5 times
and is the opposite of "accessible".
Nowadays browsers are smarter than 10 years ago and can handle even
complex CSS in conjunction with nested unordered lists. I don't see any
"awkward" CSS problems with the new navigation tree.

--
greetings,
benni.

www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org