[TYPO3-dev] Two css_styled_content as default

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Mar 27 09:30:34 CEST 2007

Tapio Markula wrote: on 26.03.2007 16:16:

>>> At least typo3 4.0.x annoying complains - in vain - that
>>> the compatibility mode is lower than 3.9. If the admin has
>>> in purpose chosen compatibility mode lower thatn 3.9 it is
>>> extremely annoying to complain with big warning message!
>>> I'm very annoyed about this issue.
>>
>> The switch for using the "old style" IMGTEXT is still there, just use
>> the upgrade wizard (in the install tool) and set the behaviour to match
>> that of version 3.8.x and you will get the IMGTEXT as you used to get.
> ok - but the warning message is tsill annoying. If the compatibility
> mode has been chosen as purpose, there should not be warning message
> about compatibility mode.

Hi,

I think currently TYPO3 cannot distinguish if you are running in
compatibility mode because you simply "upgraded" your installation of if
you chose it on purpose.

But since the warning only gets shown to admins, I think it is ok (your
regular users won't see it). You must be aware that you are running code
that is not maintained anymore and is just kept for compatibility purposes.

Cheers,
Ernesto