[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 4.1 - Server crashes

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Sat Mar 24 21:36:35 CET 2007

"Olivier Dobberkau" <olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1174762649.15286.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> in Beitrag mailman.1.1174741628.29920.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de
> schrieb
> Steffen Kamper unter steffen at dislabs.de am 24.03.2007 14:07 Uhr:
>
>> hi Oliver,
>>
>> interesting advice - it seems on my page, that the load of the server is
>> much higher after update to 4.1. The provider told me, that
>> indexed_search
>> sometimes run over 40 minutes !!!
>> I checked the tables and the cache-tables were very big (over 3GB), but
>> still all tables are MYISAM.
>>
>> Could it be that this causes the problems ? What is with the providers
>> that
>> don't support INNODB like all-inkl. ?
>>
>> vg  Steffen
>

> Hi,
>
> In my case this is a Rootserver from Hetzner. We upgraded from 4.04 to
> 4.05
> and suddenly all index_* tables got changed to innodb. That made the Load
> go
> berserk. After bringing the tables back to myisam and switching innodb of
> on
> the mysqlserver the machnine was ok again.
>
> I will investigate which indexed search is delivered with 4.05 or if some
> other admin has installed indexed search from ter.
>
> Indexed search need a performance check or better a rewrite.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Olivier

Hi Oliver,

ah ok, i misunderstood.
I fixed my index_search by emtying all index_* - there were many entries
with a wrong phash-value that caused a horror load and made the site slow.
Now the site is running fast again, but i will keep an eye on the
index-tables.
Indeed the indexed_search is suboptimal, but i think noone will rewrite
without a good sponsoring - it's no fun to dig in this code.

Nice WE, vg Steffen