[TYPO3-dev] Request for cleanup of typo3 database schema

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Mar 13 09:18:36 CET 2007

Andreas Otto schrieb:
> Hello Sven,
>
> Sven Wilhelm wrote:
>
>>so there are two possible ways to solve the automation:
>>
>>1) have a universal sql file that is working on 3 or 4 major dbs
>>2) have an abstract definition an render a db specific sql schema
>>
>>at the moment I prefer 1)
>

> Since the DBAL is using ADODB it should be possible to create an XML file
> containing the database tables and fields definitions. ADODB offers
> something to create these XML files [1]. Just like Ries has posted it.

My opinion: for 4.x leave everything as it is and for 5.x * use ADOdb's XML
format. If it doesn't support DB related "hints" we should add them though
(eg for Mysql: table/engine type, for PostgreSQL: use oids or not, etc)

Masi

* Content repository or not, TYPO3 should have an API for direct SQL
access. And the CR may also store data in SQL, so we need in at least
internally.