[TYPO3-dev] Request for cleanup of typo3 database schema

Andreas Otto andreas.otto at dkd.de
Tue Mar 13 08:10:55 CET 2007

Hello Sven,

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
> so there are two possible ways to solve the automation:
>
> 1) have a universal sql file that is working on 3 or 4 major dbs
> 2) have an abstract definition an render a db specific sql schema
>
> at the moment I prefer 1)

Since the DBAL is using ADODB it should be possible to create an XML file
containing the database tables and fields definitions. ADODB offers
something to create these XML files [1]. Just like Ries has posted it.

Years back when the DBAL project description was made I had a look at MDB2
which had an option for this long before ADODB.

[1]<http://phplens.com/lens/adodb/docs-datadict.htm>

Cheers,
Andreas