[TYPO3-dev] T3ONE.com

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Wed Mar 7 22:20:13 CET 2007

"Mario Rimann" <typo3-coding at rimann.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1173301149.4577.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi
>
> Elmar HInz schrieb:
>> The important difference is that this Trac only passivlely displays the
>> central common repository. It is only used to browse the source. It is
>> not used to edit anything. There is a reason why we don't use the wiki. A
>> trac with wiki editing would belong below the typo3.org url.
>
> You're right, trac (in this setup) is just used to display data from SVN
> and to browse the source corde. But one thing is the same as with
> t3one.com: Someone felt like "we (could) need this, so I'm going to set
> this up right *now*", and just did it.
>
> I think we have one ground-problem here: How many rights do we give away
> to anyone?
>
> Just think about what would happen, if *everybody* could set up
> *anything* and bring it up as foo.typo3.org. The result would be a huge
> chaos. That's the reason, why some things need to be approved by a
> central team/person/...(?). But on the other hand, this leads to exactly
> the same issues as we see it with the trac instance and t3one.com. They
> are set up on another server, with another URL, and are not directly
> integrated with typo3.org.
>
>>> That's the way I understood you.
>>
>> You did unserstand me partly.
>>
>> Yes, typo3.org really needs improvement with community tools. That is
>> something I tell since 3 years now, but with web2 this vision becomes
>> part
>> of everybodys mind.
>
> I partly agree. The typo3.org platform needs some polish, I fully agree.
> There are some things missing, sure. But I wouldn't say that the website
> nor the community are bad or wrong. But as always: There is space to
> improve things.
>
>> No, I don't think it a nice option to integrate that into typo3.org. I
>> regard that as an absolute prerequest. I can't judge if this people
>> misuse
>> the name of the community for personal interests or if it is only the
>> proceeding that takes the wrong way. I hope for the latter. But the way
>> it
>> is done now does not look correct for me. It has a smell.
>
> I'm not involved in t3one.com and I'm not saying that anything about
> t3one.com was run perfectly. You're right, it should be connected to
> typo3.org. But for me it's ok, that those guys just set it up and
> brought it online. As they announced it officially as *beta* of
> something that can be successful - but may also be failing. In my eyes,
> it's a broad acceptance test.
>
> And I think such an acceptance test shouldn't just result in positive
> feedback. You'r critism will be heard and may be something moves. As you
> know: From beta to final, there are worlds between...
>
> So just lean back and look what happens to t3one.com. And don't see
> anything in black and white. I cannot imagine that t3one.com will have
> any negative impact on the strong TYPO3 community, even if it will fail.

> [...]

I think that all projects concerning TYPO3 are good for TYPO3 . At last
there should be a connector to bring all the positive back to a central
point.
This possibly could be typo3.org
.
I totally agree - the best way to change or improve something is just do it.
- it's the reason developers try new things in Extensions (e.g. Elmar did
lib/div as a new way)
- it's Kasper playing along with his ideas and presenting the results
- it's the way core-developer want to see: find the solution and present in
Bugtracker
I could count a lot of them.

For t3one i don't see any problem of seperation, they all will be part of
community and will support / discuss / ...

May be one day all good working things will fusion and we have "the next
generation" - we all have to train to broaden one's horizons and learn from
eachother.

vg  Steffen