[TYPO3-dev] T3ONE.com

Mario Rimann typo3-coding at rimann.org
Wed Mar 7 19:20:38 CET 2007

Hi Elmar

Elmar HInz schrieb:
> assuming it is successfull. What advantage do you see in scattering the
> community onto different platforms. What is well done in that?
>
> I could imagine a better support of the community.

I don't see a scattering (splitting) of the extisting community at all.
In my eyes, t3one.com is a place to exchange ideas, have the possibility
to see faces and projects attached together.

As this sort of marketplace or bazar (call it as you like) doesn't exist
on typo3.org, I don't see it as a fork. And as Olivier wrote: It might
be integrated into typo3.org once it has proven it's usefullness.

On another post on this thread, you said that it must be integrated into
typo3.org before it is "allowed" to exist. This stays in contrary to the
slogan "don't talk, do it". Imagine: You have this idea of t3one.com and
want to see what happens if you publish it. What speaks against running
it on a different server, different URL? IMHO this has nothing to do
with the URL. (See trac for example: It's running at digital-district.de
- just because someone set it up once. Of course, trac.typo3.org would
be easier to remember as
http://svn.t3.digitaldistrict.de/cgi-bin/trac.cgi but I don't see a big
problem with this. For me, it's more important to have things (like
trac) online, so that I can use it, the URL doesn't matter.

What we can take from your feedback is the following: You would like to
see it integrated in typo3.org in the meaning of a "single username per
person" (like the bugtracker where you can log in with your typo3.org
account). I think it would be way better to request this improvement:
"Please add single sign-on for t3one.com so that I can log in with my
existing typo3.org-account". Way better than writing "I don't like
t3one.com because of XYZ".

That's the way I understood you.

Greetings,
Mario