[TYPO3-dev] static_info_tables and TCA definitions

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Mar 7 18:23:29 CET 2007

In my extension, I'm trying to use static_info_tables within backend
forms to allow for easier entry of address data. This is working great
with the country field.

>'country' => Array (
>  'displayCond' => 'EXT:static_info_tables:LOADED:true',
>  'config' => Array (
>    'type' => 'select',
>      'items' => Array (
>         Array('',0),
>      ),
>      'itemsProcFunc' => 'tx_staticinfotables_div->selectItemsTCA',
>      'itemsProcFunc_config' => array (
>        'table' => 'static_countries',
>        'indexField' => 'uid',
>        'prependHotlist' => 1,
>        'hotlistLimit' => 5,
>        'hotlistApp' => 'tx_cal',
>      ),
>      'size' => 1,
>      'minitems' => 0,
>      'maxitems' => 1,
>  ),
>),

I would also like to add the country_zone field, which is dependent on
the selected country.  From looking at sample TCA configs and the code
in tx_staticinfotables_div, I can't see a way to pass the selected
country along and have it used to filter the list of country_zones.

Has anyone been able to get something like this working through
staticinfotables or is a custom itemsProcFunc going to be the way to go?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

jeff