[TYPO3-dev] T3ONE.com

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:41:19 CET 2007

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> The Bugtracker was longtime a closed system.

You still need to login if you want to post comments. But it was open
for free reading a year ago.

Really? Why can I freely browse http://typo3.org/extensions/ ?

> We need to restrict
> access to people that are willing to disclose themselves.

Why?

> The old Memberslist on TYPO3.org displayed more to registered users than to
> non-registered users.

What do you mean?

> Man, this is Beta! This is just the output of some people in some days. This
> is not the final result. We need you core developers in there.

Than make it public. If one wants to choose among various CMSes, will he
register if he only wants to read about it? No. That requirement to
register for simple reading is a pointless limitation on the visitor's.
There are a number of typo3 resources around. See, for example,
http://www.typo3wizard.com/. This site gives a lot of information. It is
open for anyone, no need to spend time registering, just go, read and
use! Now think, will people go there or to your site if you require them
to register for simple reading? Just think!

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs