[TYPO3-dev] T3ONE.com

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Wed Mar 7 00:11:25 CET 2007

> Hello Elmar. (BTW My name is still Olivier)

So hi Olivier,

>> do I have to congratulate for the first fork of the community now?
>
> No. This aint a fork, Have a look at Kaspers Statement in the Startpage.
> Look at the People that have joined. We are all TYPO3 Activists and
> Associationmembers.

Because of a one sentence statement like Kasper makes them a
dozend a day doesn't automatically makes me sure that Kasper will be lucky
seing the result.

This Beta of a private page doesn't convince me to subscribe to,
also I am a declared fan of private engagement. It has a smell
for me like it is. That would change i.e. if you move it under the roof of
typo3.org.

An alternative to an integration into the community pages would be to
fairly mark the page clearly as what it is, a private job board or a
privat chat or the try of a codiVZ or whatever.

But marketing a private page as a community page, looks ugly for me. If it
is successfull, it is a de facto fork of the community communication base.
If it is not successfull it was a vaste of ressources, that would urgently
be needed to improve typo3.org.

I will wait what happens.

>> Private money collecting in addition to the TYPO3 association? A private
>> alternative to the common community base to typo3.org? Is typo3.org
>> already so perfect, that the community has to invest free resources
>> elsewhere? Then I must have missed something. I fear I need
>> some explanations.
>
> No it is not. We will add a way to donate money or time to projects. We want
> to give a way to the association to poll the needs of the community.

I also can understand the motivation behind. I know exactly what happens
if you suggest to the association to set up a joblist. I did this
suggestion twice. The reaction has not convinced me, to become a member
of the association in it's current form.

> Will you join? We need some good Copywriters by the Way. Contact me.

A Copywriter? You want to insult me, eh? ;-)

> Sincer greetings.
>
> Olivier

Regards

Elmar