[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Performance

Franz Koch typo at fx.MINUS.graefix.DOT.de
Sun Mar 4 20:19:14 CET 2007

Hi Dimitry,

first of all - thanks a lot for your help!

> You have different! While Nicolas had too much time spent in kernel
> switching threads, you spend too much time in user space ("us"):
>
>> cs us sy id wa
>> 20  3  1 96  0
>> 533 88 12 0  0
>> 518 88 12 0  0
>> 389 92 8  0  0
>> 445 90 10  0  0
>> 406 87 13  0  0
>> 302 93 7  0  0
>> 270 92 8  0  0
>> 255 90 10  0  0
>> 433 92 8  0  0
>> 345 90 10  0  0
>> 266 92 8  0  0
>
> and none in idle ("id"). Check if mysql query cache is enabled first,
> than look into output of "top" who takes most of the time: mysql or
> apache. Also look there for a total swap space and how much of swap is
> used.

- I have enabled mysql query cache and done all stuff mentioned here before
- I don't even see mysql doing anything in 'top' (maybe I should use higher refreshrate)
- Apache2 is the cpu consuming application (about 15 instances of httpd2-prefork couldn't count exactly)
- Swap: 2048276k total, 79264k used, 1969015k free, 141860k cached

> I assume you have eacclerator installed...

yes I have, but somehow my cache-folder wasn't writeable for eaccelerator anymore (it worked before). I changed that and now I have up to 6 pages/sec. with typo3 cache enabled. If I turn typo3 cache off I only got 0.6 pages/sec. (already with eaccelerator).

> Now look into my.cnf and see if have there:
> concurent_insert=1

no it isn't - should I activate it?

> What values do you have for:

key_buffer = 32M
key_buffer_size = 33554432
max_allowed_packet = 1M
max_connections = 100
read_buffer_size = 131072
read_rnd_buffer_size = 262144
sort_buffer_size = 52280
table_cache = 256
wait_timeout = 28800

> Check if you have pconnect disabled in PHP (or typo3 install tool). This
> is important (to have it disabled)!

mysql.allow_persistent was enabled in php.ini . After disabling it I have up to 9.8 pages/sec. A static page btw. is delivered with 267 pages/sec. A php-file with call for phpinfo() at 89 pages/sec.

Other details:
- php 4.4.4
- mySQL 4.0.18 (I'd like to update, but I fear loosing data as I not a linux freak - just try and error all the time)
- Apache 2.0.49

Again, thanks for helping me.

--
Kind regards,