[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Performance

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:49:17 CET 2007

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> Ah, got it.
>
> oh my - did the same test as Nicolas and have the same server-situation
> (512MB with everything on it):

You have different! While Nicolas had too much time spent in kernel
switching threads, you spend too much time in user space ("us"):

> cs us sy id wa
> 20  3  1 96  0
> 533 88 12 0  0
> 518 88 12 0  0
> 389 92 8  0  0
> 445 90 10  0  0
> 406 87 13  0  0
> 302 93 7  0  0
> 270 92 8  0  0
> 255 90 10  0  0
> 433 92 8  0  0
> 345 90 10  0  0
> 266 92 8  0  0

and none in idle ("id"). Check if mysql query cache is enabled first,
than look into output of "top" who takes most of the time: mysql or
apache. Also look there for a total swap space and how much of swap is used.

I assume you have eacclerator installed...

Now look into my.cnf and see if have there:
concurent_insert=1

What values do you have for:
key_buffer
key_buffer_size
max_allowed_packet
max_connections
read_buffer_size
read_rnd_buffer_size
sort_buffer_size
table_cache
wait_timeout

If they are not in my.cnf, find values with SHOW VARIABLES sql.

Check if you have pconnect disabled in PHP (or typo3 install tool). This
is important (to have it disabled)!
--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/