[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.1 INNODB

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Mar 3 10:47:13 CET 2007

R. van Twisk schrieb:

> Of course, if you look deep in my hart then I you will see that DBAL is
> a lot of work that gains not to much, but gave a nice interface for DB access.
 > It's feature rich, but I think not to many ppl will use it.

If you mean that only a few customers insist on using some other RDMBS
rather than Mysql I think you are right.

> And I feel that specially in  this case
> we should serve the mysql ppl and give them the full speed whenever
> possible for the used DB.

DB tuning across multiple DB sytestems is like optimizing graphics
acceleration for multiple chip sets. You have to do do it for each chip set.

But going back to a Mysql-only application is IMHO a step back. I want
every customer not just the Mysql users. *

Masi

* And I do care about Windows servers, IIS, IE ;-)