[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.1 INNODB

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Mar 3 04:36:28 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> "R. van Twisk" <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.49625.1172852713.21067.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

>>> This will definitely help.
>>>

>> So that was the excuse to make a delayed insert and update in mysql, and
>> can we still use
>> that for the indexed search extension when the DB is mysql and the table
>> is myisam?
>>
>> Ries
>>

> using delayed inserts/updates would be not compatible with DBAL again and
> isn't integrated in the Wrapperfunctions.
> Is this compatible to other Databases ?
>
> vg  Steffen

Hey Steffen,

of we think of DBAL (Database Abstraction Layer) then DBAL could be extended
to allow for delayed inserts and delayed updates and could transparently
be re-written
to other drivers. Possible using standard inserts on other databases.

So when indexed-search requires a delayed insert, or a delayed update
then he
could request that from DBAL, and when that option is not available for
any DB,
then standard versions could be used. I don't see that really as a problem,
and that is why we have DBAL in the first place, to make things 'abstract'.

Of course, if you look deep in my hart then I you will see that DBAL is
a lot of
work that gains not to much, but gave a nice interface for DB access.
It's feature rich,
but I think not to many ppl will use it. And I feel that specially in
this case
we should serve the mysql ppl and give them the full speed whenever
possible for
the used DB.

The above still counts ofcourse...

Ries