[TYPO3-dev] Topapps of Typo3 4.1 as a new User > Setup option

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Thu Mar 1 08:51:08 CET 2007

Oliver Hader kirjoitti:
> Hi Tapio,
>
> Tapio Markula wrote:
>> Ingmar Schlecht kirjoitti:
>>> Hi Tapio,
>>>
>>> I'm sorry but Kasper has decided to disable alt_main_new.php and
>>> "topapps" until when it is finished some time after 4.1.
>> Is it then any idea to publish it as a new alternative in tm_shared_lib
>> or just keep that version private?
>

> Well, I don't know what tm_shared_lib is used for

it is collection of PHP-files, which add some functionalities for
skin_grey_2 and tm_contentaccess.
Currently an evaluation version has support for topapps just using User
 > Setup and selecting from menu mode list 'Dropdown menu in top frame'.

> will be removed from the 4.1 branch.

Then the plugin also will be removed then and can't be installed
even if changed alt_main_new.php to alt_main.php or using
my XCLASS for alt_main.php, where the new frameset is as an alternative
and then topapps can work?

> Thus, no TYPO3 4.1.x release will
> contain this feature. But "topapps" will remain in Trunk and could
> probably be part of TYPO3 4.2.

if I keep changes in current version of tm_shared_lib it would have
support for topapps, and the plugin would be then future-compatible
concerning this feature.