[TYPO3-dev] Joomla - GPL bleibt GPL

Fri Jun 22 16:29:37 CEST 2007

Am Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:44:20 +0200 schrieb Felix Eckhofer:

> Hi.
>
> On Friday, 22. June 2007, Elmar Hinz wrote:
>> The cases TYPO3 and Joomla cover libraries not compilers.
>
> In case of Extensions this might be true but TS is a declarative
> language interpreted by Typo3. I can't see how this would count as a
> derived work in the sense of the GPL.

Following your argumetation I could say that PHP extensions are mere text
files. If they access objects that sound like TYPO3 objects that's by
accident.

IMHO there is no fundamental difference if you call TYPO3 libraries by a
textfile that contains TS or PHP. PHP and TS are innocent languages
themself. It depends what you do with them.

Regards

Elmar