[TYPO3-dev] Backup for language files

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Jun 21 23:03:07 CEST 2007

Hello Tapio,

There are no problem making backups (export) and merge in backups in the
new language support. ll-xml extension can handle it, and ExtDevEval can
move language from php to xml files.

As I know you read and write swedish, you will probably understand this guide
http://typo3.no/ressurser/oversettelser/eksportere-og-flette-xml-spraakfiler.html.

The core language files are also located in typo3conf/l10n/<language> directory,
- you can overwrite the necessary files there if you have a copy.

> Hi
>
> The existing language system has one disadvantage.
> It doesn't support local backups.
> When I used typo3 3.8.1 I used csh_fi from backupfile,
> because the original file has errors. I fixed errors to backupfile,
> but I can't now use fixed backup file.
> Could language packages also use somewhat backup files?

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no