[TYPO3-dev] TCEmain in fe extension

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jun 21 10:44:51 CEST 2007

Hi!

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> If members don't take the minimum of time to contribute, for financial
> reasons, you could consider to replace them courteously. I expect the
> the motivation to contribute will grow again. It's a question of
> reputation for the agencies. They will allow their programmers a corridor
> of time to stay in the team. Freelancers on the other hand can claim better
> wages. That also is life.

It is not only the question of money, it is also the question of
quality. While working with several clients, I saw the code that cannot
get into core under any condition. And it cannot be updated, it has to
be rewritten from scratch. It is generally hard to get very good code
(see, for example, recent exploit in macina_banners, which is very
popular extension!).

I got into core after Kasper examined my patches personally several
times. Only than he decided that I follow standards and can get in.

I think what can be done here, is to check patches in BT. If they are
well made, person can be invited into core. This is my personal opinion
because it is Stucki, who manages core team :)

Currently there are many core team members but too few of the contribute
to core. Many are busy with extensions and those extensions help also to
get useful things into core. For example, the whole flexform idea get in
due to templavoila I think. It still references tx_templavoila in core.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/