[TYPO3-dev] new content element in new table?

Thomas Mammitzsch typo at pure.kicks-ass.net
Tue Jun 19 00:26:16 CEST 2007

Martin Ficzel schrieb:
> Thomas Mammitzsch schrieb:
>
>> ok, thank you, nice tip. i hoped there is a simpler way than render the
>> whole form and html with an own function. some threads before i thought
>> i can use the tt_content-table and just modify the config of the columns
>> in $TCA, but i didn't find out how to change it for my content element
>> without changing all the other content elements. I'm wondering that only
>> so a few people seem to work in that direction.
>
> u can use the "pi_flexform" field to provide the settings for your
> extension. adding extra fields to the tt_content table is a bad idea if
> you have no special need to do so.

but i can only use it if i add my extension to frontend plugins, not to
content elements.
if i change
$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['pi_flexform']['config']['ds_pointerField']
to "CType" instead of "list_type", other plugins like tt_news can't
display its flexforms.
To use the extension as plugin and use the list_type as ds_pointerField
seems to be the only solution that comes next to my idea.
I'm not sure what the use case for the selection "add as new content
element" in kickstarter is, if you don't add extra fields to tt_content,
which is meant to be "bad behaviour".

regards, Thomas