[TYPO3-dev] How can I detect a logged in fronted user?

Bernd Wilke 19m0nyq02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:51:16 CEST 2007

"Michiel Roos" <michiel at netcreators.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1181638213.16668.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Dear list,
>
> When a backend user logs in the be_typo_user cookie is set.
>
> This can successfully be detected by mod_rewrite using the condition:
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !be_typo_user
>
> After which it will continue is there is no backend user logged in.
>
> I want to do the same for a frontend TYPO3 user but am unable to because
> . . . . .
>
> The fe_typo_user cookie is allways set!
>
> Even if a user never logs in.
>
> When a user does log in, the cookie does not change and no new cookies
> are set.
>
> My aim is to be able to use:
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !fe_typo_user
>
> So that I can skip rewriting to statically cached files if a frontend
> user is logged in.
>
> Currently this is not possible since the cookie is always there.
>
> Why is the cookie always set?
>
> If this behavior cannot be changed easily I am thinking of hooking into
> the frontend login code to set an extra: no_static cookie which I can
> check against.
>
> Can some guru enlighten me here please?

in an extension you normaly didn't ask cookies but PHP-variables, as TYPO3
is PHP.

BE-User:    $GLOBALS['BE_USER']->user
FE-User:    $GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user

if an user is logged in there are fields with values, especially
...['uid']!=0.

if you are using typoscript and want to decide on BE- and FE-user you can
use these conditions:

[globalVar = TSFE : beUserLogin > 0]
# BE-user logged in
[global]

[loginUser = fe_users-uid1, fe_users-uid2, ...]
# any of these FE-users is logged in
[global]

[loginUser = *]
# any FE-user is logged in
[global]

[usergroup = *]
# any FE-user is logged in (because every FE-user is at least in one
usergroup)
[global]

[usergroup = 1,2]
# a FE-user belonging to these groups is logged in
[global]

Bernd