[TYPO3-dev] How can I detect a logged in fronted user?

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Tue Jun 12 10:50:03 CEST 2007

Dear list,

When a backend user logs in the be_typo_user cookie is set.

This can successfully be detected by mod_rewrite using the condition:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !be_typo_user

After which it will continue is there is no backend user logged in.

I want to do the same for a frontend TYPO3 user but am unable to because
. . . . .

The fe_typo_user cookie is allways set!

Even if a user never logs in.

When a user does log in, the cookie does not change and no new cookies
are set.

My aim is to be able to use:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !fe_typo_user

So that I can skip rewriting to statically cached files if a frontend
user is logged in.

Currently this is not possible since the cookie is always there.

Why is the cookie always set?

If this behavior cannot be changed easily I am thinking of hooking into
the frontend login code to set an extra: no_static cookie which I can
check against.

Can some guru enlighten me here please?

Thanks!

Kind regards,