[TYPO3-dev] Start module - priorities

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Wed Jun 6 10:57:45 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker kirjoitti:
> Tapio Markula schrieb:
>>
>> I would set this priority, which I have set in tm_shared_lib
>>
>> 1. Start from task center
>> 2. Start Module
>> 3. Get params
>
> You mean: if task center present (installed and available for the
> current user) then use it.'

No. But it the option is to 'Start from taskcenter' is enabled imo it
should be understood a kind of override setting and that's why priority.

> That defeats all possible configuration for alternatives. The point of
> this setting is exactly to have an alternative start module.

My too. 'Start from taskcenter' would be just *exception* - a kind of
shortcut definition too.

> But I guess it's questionable if the user or the admin is responsible
> for the start module. IMHO a user may choose, but an admin should have
> override options via user/group TS settings.

Yes - but if GET-parameters have the highest priority then
setup.override.startModule=... would not work. This was my main point.

At least Typo3 shoud check if
setup.override.startFromTaskcenter
or
setup.override.startModule

have been set.
That could be done for example this way:

$this->overrideProperties =
$3lib_BEfunc::getModTSconfig(0,'setup.override');
$this->overrideProperties=$this->overrideProperties['properties'];

then conditions would be following.

if(!$this->overrideProperties['startFromTaskcenter'] &&
!$this->overrideProperties['startModule'] && $module)) {
	$module=... // information from GET-variables
	}
elseif ($BE_USER->uc['startInTaskCenter']) {
	$module = 'user_task';
   	}
elseif ($BE_USER->uc['startModule']) {
     	$module = $BE_USER->uc['startModule'];
   	}

This should set highest priority for admin settings but
GET parameters would override *normal* user settings,
but *not* those, which have been set by 'setup.override.something'.

It would be nice also that user could set startModule then
from User > Setup, when the setting would be fully consintent.

  Maybe he could also limit