[TYPO3-dev] MULTIMEDIA

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri Jun 1 16:08:59 CEST 2007

Peter Klein schrieb:
> Hi Martin.
> For Flash, you will need to use different OBJECT tags, depending on which
> browser you are using.
> As IE needs a CLASSID to stream the content correctly, but Mozilla doesn't
> work with a CLASSID as it needs a mimetype instead.

Really? To be honest for flash I usually set a classid because it's easy
to define the required flash version and I don't stick to the holy W3C
that much.

But Joey is right, I forgot that TYPO3 must ship with a default Flash
loader movie.

> Maybe thats similar for non-flash objects too?

I tested it with video and the mime type alone got me a player in FF and
IE. Didn't test Opera, etc.

Masi