[TYPO3-dev] Categorization API

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Jun 1 14:52:55 CEST 2007

Hi all,

At T3DD07 there was apparently a discussion about implementing a generic
  categorization API using IRRE. Have there been further talks about
this? Has anything concrete already been done (if only some writing down
of thoughts and/or concepts)?

I'm enquiring about this because I have one (large) client that will
need categorization if their web sites. Looking into the TER i found the
following extensions: toi_category and category_pages. The former
precisely aims to provide this kind of generic API, while the latter is
an implementation for pages. Those extensions work real fine, but if a
generic categorization API was developed and integrated into the core of
TYPO3, I would of course prefer to use that.

The project mentioned might be an opportunity to work (or sponsor work)
on the matter.

Any opinions?

Cheers

--